As a club we have only been able to afford our amazing facility through the additional fundraising activities over the last 40 years. Over the last 3 years we have invested an additional £700,000 on top of our day to day running costs.
As we start the lottery the money raised will go into additional equipment for all gymnasts to use across both of our facilities. As a club our goal is to provide the best quality of gymnastic coaching at the most affordable price. The lottery will allow us to upgrade equipment and invest in new equipment more regularity without having to transfer that additional cost onto session fees.
For the cost of £1 a week you will be entered into two draws one is the guaranteed draw where one lucky winner will get £50. The other is the jack pot draw where there is the chance of winning up to £2000.
For the first draw in December there is an additional prize of a bottle of Joseph Perrier Rosé Champagne.
Terms and Conditions.
1. This is a Small Charity lottery that is Licensed by Medway Borough Council.
2. The lottery is run in house so all money raised will be allocated to Prizes and fundraising.
3. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to enter a society lottery. The Meapa has determined that the minimum age requirement for entry into our lotteries is 18 and that as a further condition of entry we require you to confirm that:
a) you are 18 years of age or over
b) you are a resident of Great Britain
c) you will not buy or purport to buy an entry to the weekly lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18
d) you will provide the promoter with accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and you accept that it is your responsibility to keep the promoter informed of any changes to this information as soon as reasonably possible; and
e) you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate, to the promoter’s satisfaction, your representations under paragraphs 4(a), (b) and (c) above.
4. The promoter reserves the right to carry out any checks which it deems necessary to confirm age eligibility to any lottery draw.
5. Any person found to be under 18 years of age who has entered the weekly lottery will be excluded from future entries and any monies paid over by them will be returned and, if applicable, any prizes won will be withheld.
Joining the lottery
6. The cost of entry is £4 a line. Players can have a maximum of 5 lines. Payment will need to be taken before the 20th of the month. The draws will then take place monthly.
On joining you will be asked to select 3 numbers. These numbers will be entered into two draws one for the guaranteed win draw where your numbers will be written on a ball and drawn at random. The other is for the jackpot draw where a computer-generated random number will be used to select a winner. If there is no winner, the prize will roll over.
You must sign up before the start 1st of the month to be entered into the next draw.
7. Entries will be automatically rebilled on the first of each month but can be cancelled at any time.
8. Any payment not cleared by the 20th of the month will not be entered into that months draw.
9. The promoter reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the weekly lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.
10. By entering the Monthly lottery draw you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
14. We will notify the winners by phone or email within 28 days. A list of winners will be available on our website or upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
15. By entering the monthly lottery entrants agree that, in the event of becoming a prize winner, The meapa may publish their surname, county or town of residence, and details of the prize awarded on our website. Should you object to our doing so please advise Lottery@themeapa.com
16. The promoter will pay the prizes directly to the winners of the weekly lottery by BACS within 28 days of the draw date.
17. Whilst every effort will be made to contact cheque winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be used to fund new equipment for the club.
19. There are no alternatives to the cash prize where cash is the only prize on offer and no interest is payable.
20. The promoter accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
21. The Meapa employees who have direct involvement with lottery products are excluded from playing the monthly lottery. v
22. Players may cancel their entries into the weekly draw by emailing email@example.com Cancellations will only become effective after all prepaid credits have been expended by entries into respective future draws. Prepaid stake money will not normally be refunded on cancellation. It is the player’s responsibility to cancel any direct debit or standing order instruction held by the player’s bank.
23. The lottery is intended to be a fun way to support the promoter’s work. If you feel you have a problem with gambling visit the promotor's self-exclusion and responsible gambling page or the BeGambleaware website, or call the National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 – lines are open 8.00am until midnight – where you can get help and advice.
24. You can self-exclude from the lottery or ALL of the promoter’s lotteries for a minimum period of six months and up to a period of five years if it is needed. Any self-exclusion period may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least six months.
25. This can be done by emailing Lottery@themeapa.com
26. The promoter will comply with any relevant data protection legislation (GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018) to protect your personal data for the purposes of administering your participation in the weekly lottery and communicating with you about the weekly lottery. The promoter will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise indicated by you, the promoter may occasionally send you information to keep you up to date with the work that your contributions help fund and other ways in which you can support the promoter.
27 All complaints and disputes relating to the weekly lottery will be dealt with by the meapa. Please email any complaints to Lottery@themeapa.com
28. The promoter has the right to change or update the weekly lottery rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and weekly lottery participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. The promoter will update this page to reflect any changes. Changes will also be available from Barnardo’s Supporter Relations team.
29. The promoter reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the weekly lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.